Ijmb Means Interim Joint Matriculation Board (Ijmb) Is An Advanced Level (A’level) Nine Months Federal Government Programme Run And Moderated By Ahmadu Bello University, Abu Zaria. Serving As Alternative Mode Of Gaining Admission Into Tertiary Institutions In Nigeria Into 200 Level Via Direct Entry. Recognized By Majority Of Nigerian Universities.
What is IJMB.
IJMB is an Approved, Proven & Certified nine (9) month Advanced level programme conduct by Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) and having coordinating body in various tertiary institutions and different affiliated study centres nationwide. The programme is specifically designed to provide an opportunity for candidates who cannot gain admission to regular degree programmes in Nigerian Universities for one reason or the other, as the programme only requires candidates O’level results, also awaiting result candidates can Enrol.
- Approved: By the Federal Government has a platform for securing admission into higher institution in the country and abroad.
- Proven: Yearly, about 20,000 applicants put in for the programme in which more than 70% fraction successfully secure admission with it into 200 level to their preferred institution & course of study.
- Certified: By Nigeria University Commission (NUC) has an Advanced level examination that qualify students into 200level via Direct Entry.
The programme is open to all interested candidates nationwide and any course can be offered be it Science, Art or Social Science. Prospective IJMB candidates are required to select any Three (3) A/L IJMB subject combination (English language compulsory) identified with their preferred course of study.
Candidates would then be lectured at their respective Study Centre and thereafter sit for the final examination. On completion of the programme, successful candidates utilize their IJMB certificate to secure admission into 200level in any Nigeria tertiary institution via Direct Entry.
- 8 passports
- Ordinary Level result (O’level result)
- Awaiting O’level result is also acceptable
- And your time ( IJMB is a full-time program, and no you cannot write the Exam alone without attending lectures
- Inform your parents as they must give their blessings
- WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB are accepted into the programme
- Maximum of two sittings with 5 credits
- Medicine students should be aware that most universities will not accept two sittings for Medicine and Surgery at the university.
Duration of program
Officially, IJMB is a 9 months program. Lectures start between March and April and run through to the whole year. The exams proper start sometime in January or the first week of February the following year.
It is a three weeks exams with the results expected to be released by the end of April.
At IJMB, candidates are encouraged to enrol at the centre early as we believe getting excellent results are directly linked to early preparation.
For that reason, registration starts in November and end in April of the following year. Lectures are scheduled to start between March and April.
So it’s best to get the registration sorted out early so we can all get down to preparing for the examination without distractions.
How To Use The Ijmb Result To Gain Admission
The IJMB can be used to gain admission into the 200 level in any approved Nigerian University.
A candidate wishing to use to result to her admission into the University must follow these steps:
- Visit the nearest jamb office to get the Direct Entry (DE) form. Alternatively, you can visit the JAMB website and click on the DE link to get to the required portal.
- Fill the form on the website or the hardcopy you bought from the JAMB office. Make sure the details you provided match your IJMB result.
- In the form, you have the option of choosing your preferred university (first option) and an alternate choice (second option). You are allowed to make up to six choices. The course you chose would be directly related to how well you perform in the IJMB examination. That is why it is important to choose a quality study center. A good IJMB study center combined with hard work and diligent study would surely guarantee your IJMB result would get you any course you desire.
How is IJMB different from JAMB?
The difference is clear and we will list a few out of the numerous advantages.
- It gives candidates admission into 200 level.
- It candidates do not need to register for JAMB.
- It result is valid for 7 years.
- Admission into university with IJMBE is much easier.
List of Universities that Currently Accept IJMB for 200 Level Admission.
The IJMB Certificate is highly respected and recognized by various higher institutions both in Nigeria and abroad. The certificates/results are acceptable in increasing number of institutions in the country. The Federal Government, through its various educational agencies, recognize IJMB as an examining body for both Ordinary and Advanced Level Examinations.