Am hereby inform the 2018/2019 Graduands of the University that the 35th Convocation Ceremonies will commence with a Jumat Service on Friday, 18th October 2019 and end on Sunday, 27th October, 2019 with a Special Thanksgiving Service at St. Thomas Aquinas Chaplaincy.
Graduands are kindly requested to note the following important information:
The 2018/2019 academic session commenced on 26th September, 2018 and ended on 10th September, 2019. All convoking graduands who fall within the above dates are advised to check their names on the list of graduands displayed on the University Website – www.unilorin.edu.ng
– to confirm their graduation status.
ii. It is mandatory for all graduands to pay for the following items irrespective of whether or not they attend the Convocation Ceremonies, except otherwise indicated:
- * Purchase of Ph.D. Academic Outfits (Mandatory for Ph.D. graduands) – (prevailing cost)
- *Purchase of Academic Outfits (First or Master Degree) (optional) – (prevailing cost)
- Hire of Academic Outfits (First and Master Degrees) – N2,000.00
- Order of Proceedings – N2,000.00
- Certificate Folder – N2,500.00
- Convocation Muffler – N1,400.00
- Student Copy of Transcript (Undergraduate) – N5,500.00
*See Procurement of Academic Gowns
iii. Pursuant to (ii) above, the following categories of compulsory charges are applicable to:
iv. Order of Proceedings, Certificate Scrolls, Certificate Folders and Convocation gowns will be available for collection immediately after the Convocation Lecture on Thursday, 22nd October, 2019 in the respective Faculties, on presentation of evidence of payment of appropriate charges, while Certificates shall be distributed on the Convocation day at the various Faculties and the Postgraduate School. It is beneficial for graduands to note that academic gowns are limited and will be on first come, first served basis, please.
v. Graduands are expected to attend a rehearsal of the Academic Procession which will hold at 3.00 p.m. on Sunday, 20th October, 2019 at the University Stadium.