Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the National Diploma (ND) Programme in Orthopaedic Cast Technology of the National Orthopaedic Hospital, Enugu (NOHE) for the 2020/2021
What Is Orthopaedics
Orthopedics is a medical specialty that focuses on the diagnosis, correction, prevention, and treatment of patients with skeletal deformities or disorders of the bones, joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, nerves and skin. These elements make up the musculoskeletal system.
Your body’s musculoskeletal system is a complex system of bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves and allows you to move, work and be active. Once devoted to the care of children with spine and limb deformities, orthopedics now cares for patients of all ages, from newborns with clubfeet, to young athletes requiring arthroscopic surgery, to older people with arthritis.
The physicians who specialize in this area are called orthopedic surgeons or orthopedists
1. Treatment of fractures especially of long bones, dislocations and management of the spinally injured form the bulk .
Apart from trauma, other procedures done include:
2. Correction of Club foot
3. Correction of angular deformities and malunited fractures
4. Management of osteomyelitis
5. Management of arthropathies
6. Orthopaedic complications of Diabetes Mellitus
7. Management of bone tumors
8. Correction of scoliosis
9. Spinal decompression/stabilization
14.Management of congenital orthopaedic anomalies
National Orthopaedic Hospital, Enugu Orthopaedic Cast Technology Admission Requirements.
All applicants for Residency Training Programme must:
- Be qualified Medical Practitioner
- Be fully registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria with current license
- Have satisfactorily complete the NYSC programme or otherwise exempted
- Possess the primary fellowship of the relevant faculty
- Complete disclosure of any other training you may have undergone is mandatory
- Three (3) referees reports to be addressed to the Medical Director, one of which must be a reference from your last place of work or Testimonial from the DEAN faculty of your medical school.
- Possess professional indemnity certificate from a reputable insurance company
How to Apply for National Orthopaedic Hospital, Enugu Orthopaedic Cast Technology Admission Form.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application with photocopies of relevant documents as well as recent curriculum vitae addressed to the Medical Director, National Orthopaedic Hospital, Enugu.
The complete documents should be contained in a sealed envelope indicating in the right upper comer your discipline and should be submitted by hand or by post to the office of the Medical director not later than six weeks from the date this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for written/oral interview.
- Candidates with awaiting results or who do not have provisional registration as at the time of this advert need not to apply
- This application process is entirely free of charge and is not contracted out to anybody or firm. Do not respond or succumb to any solicitation/entreaty to the contrary via any social media platform.