Jamb 2020 Information, Everything you need to know about NIN.
1) What is NIN?
NIN simply means National Identification Number, this consists of 11 non intelligible numbers randomly chosen and assigned to an individual upon successful enrollment into the National Identity Database (NIDB).
Enrollment consists of the recording of an individual’s demographic data(name, date of birth etc) and capture of the ten (10) fingerprints, head to shoulder facial picture and digital signature, which are all used to cross check the person’s record.
2) Who is qualified to enroll for NIN?
A Nigerian citizen or legal resident who is 16 years and above.
A person below the slated age, can also enroll, but with parental backing.
3) Where can one enroll for NIN?
NIN is given by the National Identification Management Commission (NIMC).
To enroll, visit the nearest NIMC centre and undertake the exercise.
You can still enroll at Zenith or GTB bank, though not all branches of the designated banks engage in it.
4) How can I locate the nearest NIMC Centre?
A compiled list of NIMC centres in such a state and their locations will be displayed, scroll through it and find the nearest one to you.
5) What are the documents needed to process my NIN?
Birth Certificate, BVN(optional), Voters card(optional).
6) How much will I pay to obtain my NIN?
7) What are the errors I must avoid while enrolling?
Check your name, date of birth and other details diligently to avoid any error.
Give the same details, that will be used during Jamb Registration.
8) After processing my details, what will I collect from the NIMC Officials?
You will be given two slips, a black and white slip (not really vital) and a green coloured slip. Make sure you collect the green coloured slip, that’s the one with the NIN.
9) How many time(s) can one enroll?
10) I made errors in my name and date of birth, while enrolling for my NIN, what should I do?
Simply go to a court and get an affidavit of name and age declaration, it’s about #1000. Then proceed to NIMC Centre and verify the error, make sure you go with money.
11) What are the uses of NIN?
It will be used for Jamb 2020 Registration, in opening a bank account etc.