Ho Technical University Ghana Admission Form Is Out For Both Ghanaian And International Students (Other Country)! For Regular Tertiary And Non-tertiary Programmes, See How To Apply And The Requirement For HTU Ghana Admission Form.
Ho Technical University Ghana announces for the information of the general public that applications for admission unto various academic programmes are ongoing. Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply for admission to any of the following programmes for the 2020/2021 Academic Year.
About Ho Technical University Ghana
Ho Technical University, formerly Ho Polytechnic, is a public tertiary institution in the Volta Region of Ghana. The Polytechnic started in 1968 as a technical institute with the primary goal of providing pre-technical education. By 1972, the Institute made tremendous progress and upgraded its courses. In 1986, the institution was upgraded into a Polytechnic. However, it was not until 1993 that it got full backing of the law (Polytechnic Law 321) to become a fully-fledged tertiary institution, charged with the responsibility of training students to the Higher National Diploma (HND) and Degree Levels.
Courses/Programme Offer By Ho Technical University Ghana
Bachelor Of Technology (B-tech) Programmes
- Bachelor of Technology in Hospitality Management (4 Years)
- Bachelor of Technology in Tourism, Leisure and Events Management (4 Years)
- Bachelor of Technology in Hospitality and Tourism Management (Top-Up)
- Bachelor of Technology in Automobile Engineering (Top-Up)
- Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural Engineering (Top-Up)
Higher National Diploma (HND) Programmes
All Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes are for a duration of Three (3) Years (6 Semesters).
- SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMES
- HND (Agricultural Engineering)
- HND (Mechanical Engineering: Automotive and Production Options)
- HND (Building Technology)
- HND (Civil Engineering)
- HND (Electrical/Electronic Engineering)
- HND (Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management)
- HND (Food Technology)
- HND (Statistics)
- HND (Agro-Enterprise Development)
- HND (Computer Science)
- HND (Information Communication Technology)
- BUSINESS AND HUMANITIES PROGRAMMES
- HND (Accountancy)
- HND (Marketing)
- HND (Secretaryship and Management Studies)
- HND (Banking and Finance)
- HND (Purchasing and Supply)
- HND (Industrial Art: Graphic Design, Painting, Textiles, Sculpture and Ceramics)
- HND (Fashion Design and Textiles)
Ho Technical University Ghana Admission Form Requirements
BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMES
- Six (6) passes in SSCE (A-D) including three (3) Core Subjects (English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies) and three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- Six (6) passes in WASSCE (A1-C6) including three (3) Core Subjects (English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies) and three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- Three (3) passes in GCE Advanced level (at least, one of the passes should be grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes (at least Grade 6) in five (5) GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English and a Science subject (for non-science students) and Arts subject for science students.
- Three (3) passes in ABCE (at least, one of the passes should be grade D or better). Also, the applicant must have had credit passes in five (5) subjects including (English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies) in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE)
- Professional and other entry qualifications shall be assessed on a case-by-case basis as prescribed by the National Accreditation Board (NAB)
Bachelor Of Technology Programmes (Top-up)
- HND in the related field or fields of study
- Any other equivalent qualification
Higher National Diploma (HND) Programmes
I. SSSCE Holders
- Five (5) Passes (A-C) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics and at least two (2) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization
- Six (6) Passes (A-D) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics: and at least three (3) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization
Ii. WASSCE Holders
- Five (5) Passes (A1-C6) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics and at least two (2) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization
- Six (6) Passes (A1-D7) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and must possess a minimum of D7 in any three (3) of the passes relevant to the area of specialization.
Iii. DBS Applicants
- Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE Credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least three DBS passes in relevant courses.
Iv. ABCE/’o’&’a’ Level Applicants
- Five (5) GBCE credits or five (5) G.C.E. Ordinary Level credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least two (2) G.C.E. ‘A’ Level/ABCE passes.
V. GBCE Applicants
- Five (5) GBCE credits including English, Business Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies.
Vi. Technician Part Ii/Iii
- Certificate holders with four SSSCE/WASSCE credit including English Language and Mathematics.
Vii. Technical School Applicants (Certificate Ii)
- Passes in English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus any three (3) relevant trade courses.
Viiii. Mature Candidates:
- Must be at least 25 years old by the time of application.
- Must pass a written Aptitude Test (English, Mathematics and General paper in relevant area)
International Applicants (Other Country)
International applicants may be admitted on the basis of qualifications from their countries for which equivalence shall be determined by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) of Ghana and submitted to Ho Technical University.
Evidence of proficiency in English Language will be required in the case of applicants from non -English speaking countries. International applicants are also requested to acquire Non-Citizens Ghanacard as a pre-requisite for admission. International applicants who fail to provide evidence of having acquired this card will not have their applications processed.
How To Apply For HTU Ghana Admission Form
NOTE: All Admissions To Ho Technical University Are Strictly Via The Online Admission System.
- Dial the SHORT CODE *713*34*1# on all networks to follow instructions to purchase an E-Voucher using Mobile Money to pay.
- The E-Voucher can also be purchased online using Mobile Money/Credit/Debit Card at https://admissions.htu.edu.gh/evoucher
- Go to http://admisions.htu.edu.gh on the Internet after you purchase the Ho Technical University admission E-voucher.
- Log on to the Online Admissions System with the E-Voucher Number and PIN
- Follow steps on the Online Admission system to complete your application.
- On completing and submission of your online application, an envelope number will be generated automatically for you.
- Enclose in an envelope, a printed copy of your completed online application, together with Photocopies of certificates or result slips.
- Write at the back of the envelope, the envelope number, before posting to The Registrar, Ho Technical University, P. O. Box HP 217, Ho.
International Applicants can only purchase the E-voucher online using Visa Credit/Debit Card at https://admissions.htu.edu.gh/evoucher
E-voucher Sales Centres:
An E-Voucher Number and PIN can also be obtained from:
- All Regional Post Offices in Ghana
- All networked branches of GCB Bank
- All networked branches of Zenith Bank
Cost Of E-voucher:
|Four (4) Year Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) Applicants||GH¢180.00|
|Top-Up Bachelor of Technology Applicants||GH¢150.00|
|HND Mature Applicants||GH¢150.00|
NOTE: All mature applicants will be expected to pay an additional amount of GH¢150.00 on or before the day of the entrance examinations at the University campus. The GH¢ 150.00 will cover the cost of the entrance examinations.
Submission Of Completed Online Application:
A printed copy of completed online application, together with photocopies of certificates or result slips, transcripts (for B-Tech applicants) and Birth Certificates (for mature and international applicants) should be returned to:
Ho Technical University,
P.O. BOX HP 217,
Closing date for sale of application forms is Monday, 31st August, 2020.
Detailed entry requirements can be obtained from Ho Technical University website www.htu.edu.gh or Tel:(+233) 03620 26456.
That’s all. We hope this guide show you How To Apply For Ho Technical University, Requirements and Eligibility.