Bowen University Chaplain. Bowen University is a first rate private institution owned by the Nigerian Baptist Convention and established in July 2001 with a commitment to high performance and adding a distinctly moral dimension and Godly value to tertiary education in Nigeria and beyond.
The University is interested in hiring a qualified individual to fill the post of the University Chaplain that will soon become vacant.
The Position of the University Chaplain and Duties
The University Chaplain is one of the Principal Officers of the University and shall be responsible for the administration of the University’s overall spiritual welfare. He shall also be responsible for the co-ordination of all Chaplains, Reformation Chaplaincy, Campus and College Chaplaincy, Denominational Relationship Office, Student Volunteer Ministry as well as all Denomination Insignias in the University.
The person vying for the position of University Chaplain shall meet the following criteria:
- A Christian (preferably of Baptist denomination) who is visionary and innovative, with exemplary leadership and good communication skills.
- He/ She must be digitally compliant, up-to-date in the use of information and communication technology and knowledgeable in automation of Chaplaincy operations.
- He or She must be in excellent physical and mental health and be between 40 and 50 years of age at the time of assumption of duty.
Qualifications and Experience Bowen University Chaplain.
- Applicant must possess a minimum of Masters degree in Theology or its equivalent from any Theological Institution or University recognized by the Nigerian Baptist Convention with not less than 10 years post qualification experience in Pastoral Ministry.
- Possession of a higher degree from a recognized University/Baptist Theological Seminary will be an advantage.
- Evidence of teaching experience at the tertiary institution level or its equivalent may be an added advantage.
- Evidence of working with Baptist Student Fellowship, Baptist Youth Fellowship, MMU/WMU and involvement with Baptist work in the University system or in the areas of Missions/Evangelism/Discipleship/Mentoring.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The candidate shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only. Bowen University runs an attractive performance-based remuneration package similar to what obtains in other reputable institution in Nigeria.
- Fringe benefits include furnished accommodation, an official vehicle and other benefits as approved by the Governing Council.
- The candidate shall hold office on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the instrument of appointments.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to send their Application, Curriculum Vitae and all other necessary credentials as attachment in PDF format to: [email protected] using the following format:
- Full name with surname first in capital letters
- Post applied for
- Date of birth, town and state of origin
- Religion and Denomination
- Current Postal address including GSM number and email address
- Permanent Home Address
- Marital Status
- Names and ages of children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic Qualifications with dates
- Membership of professional bodies
- Work Experience
- Present employment, status and salary
- Service to national and International bodies
- Names and address of three (3) referees
- Signature and date
- The Application should include candidate’s statement of Vision and Mission for the University for the next five years in not more than 1,000 words.
- Referees should be contacted by each candidate to submit signed electronic copies of their report in PDF format to the same email address stated above, attesting to the candidate’s academic and managerial abilities as well as his/her moral character and uprightness.
- Candidates are also requested to submit ten (10) copies of their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and necessary credentials under confidential cover in sealed envelope marked Post of University Chaplain, Bowen University, Iwo to:
P. M. B. 284- Iwo,
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Application should be submitted on or before Tuesday, June 30, 2020.