About the job
HireArt is helping Toyota Research Institute hire a Research Assistant to support the design, execution, and analysis of human-centered research studies. We’re seeking a Research Assistant with experience conducting behavioral studies and an interest in the overlap between behavioral sciences and technology. The ideal candidate is also proactive, detail-oriented, and an excellent communicator.
As Research Assistant, You Will
- Assist with behavior experimentation and human-centered studies.
- Design experiments and create stimulus content.
- Administer questionnaires, surveys, and interviews.
- Analyze and interpret data and generate insights, recommendations, reports.
- Manage behavioral datasets and experimentation platform accounts.
- Conduct literature reviews and competitive analyses.
- Edit journal submissions and scientific reports.
Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award at University of British Columbia
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Psychology, UX or a similar field emphasizing human performance and behavior
- Experience proctoring behavioral studies
- A strong interest in the overlap between behavioral sciences and technology
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, with comfort giving and receiving feedback
- Proactive and seek out new opportunities for impact, as time permits
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently as well as collaboratively with cross-disciplinary teams
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Eager to learn new technical skills
- Experience managing and analyzing quantitative data using Python or R
- Experience generating categories from qualitative data and performing coding
- Experience with survey designs (i.e. survey logic, randomization, etc.)
- Experience with online experimentation platforms, such as Qualtrics or Survey Monkey
- Experience generating study stimuli (e.g., descriptive scenarios, animation, video)
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 12-month contract position through HireArt and based in Los Altos, CA. Domestic and international travel may be required.
HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant’s race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
Seniority Level: Mid-Senior level
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: General Business