This company named Morson International is located in Birmingham, West Midlands and it is a permanent job type under Building, Construction, and Infrastructure sector with a salary of £50000 – £55000 per annum + Car or car allowance as stated on their website contact Paul Stroud via this email [email protected], This job was posted on the 26th of August 2020 and the application for this job will Expire on 16-09-2020. The application for this job starts as soon as possible (Start date: ASAP)
Supervise assistant and site engineers
- Take a personal interest in identifying, coaching, and developing key staff.
- Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with Company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
- Maintain good working relations with client/designer / Team, together with our supply chain.
- Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques, as well as routine checks on setting out to ensure compliance and within the required tolerances.
- Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for the construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the program to proceed without delay.
- Communicate with foremen and supervisors to ensure a full understanding of the information provided.
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plants for the use in the construction process, ensuring ordered to the correct required specifications.
- Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works, including Work Package Plans.
- Assist with the coordination of temporary works and ensure appointments of Temporary Works Supervisors and Temporary Works Coordinator are in place.
- Implement and manage safe systems of work for construction procedures.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes/variations, subcontractors’ attendance, and records of work-related discussions with client/designer/project team.
- Ensure that inspection and test plans are completed as required by the Project Management Plan / Specification, including a check of dimension accuracy and quality.
- Ensure the compilation of all H&S handover documentation (including ITP’s, operation manuals, site progress photos, etc) is progressed throughout the works and submitted in line with the program deliverables.
Your Profile(Applicant Profile)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Utility experience
- Highly competent in surveying and setting out techniques and able to teach others.
- Experience managing and mentoring junior engineers
- Ability and confidence to communicate and present to senior management and senior clients.
- Capable of discussing engineering issues and identifying solutions.
- An understanding of the commercial issues in undertaking a construction project.
- Excellent knowledge of current civil engineering legislation as well as Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
- CSCS Card (relevant type)
- Full clean UK driving license.